Friday, December 14, 2007

Ice Capade

I'd always heard there was an outdoor skating rink in SLC, but I never knew where it was. I found out in August when we went to the Peter, Bjorn, & John concert, because the ice rink is in the same plaza.

Gallivan Center
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
So last night, I gathered up a group of people to strap on some skates and slide around for a couple hours.


Kyle
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
It was Kyle, Mikey, Caleb, Mike, Jake, Sara, Johnny and me. The whole downtown area was decorated with Christmas lights, and it looked wonderful.


Downtown SLC
Originally uploaded by currtdawg



Caleb
Originally uploaded by currtdawg



Gallivan Center
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
I hadn't skated since I lived in Japan, and was surprised at how easily it came back to me. The rink wasn't too crowded, and we all had lots of fun.


Johnny & Sara
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
Johnny and Sara both grew up playing hockey, and were great skaters. Johnny kept threatening to body check me, but he never did. I guess he knew I'd totally kick his butt.

After skating, we decided we needed to warm up a bit, so Mike, Jake, Kyle, and I went to Squatters for a few beers, where we were joined by Brian. It ended up being a night of several beers at many different places. It's a good thing I didn't have to work today.

No comments: