Thursday, December 27, 2007

For Unto Us A Child Is Born


Christmas Tree
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
When I was younger, my brother and I would wake up at 5 AM on Christmas morning and go jump on Mom and Dad's bed. The rule was that we couldn't open presents until everyone was up and in the living room. We also read the Christmas story straight out of Luke. Finally, we got to rip into into our Santa-bounty.
Now that we're older, things aren't quite as chaotic. This year, we woke up and waited for my brother and his family to arrive, which wasn't until 11.


Chris, Andrew, & Angie
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
We spent the day opening presents, eating, and just being a family.


John on the Wii
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
Chris and Angie got Andrew and John a Wii for Christmas.


Mom on the Wii
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
And Mom totally dominated at boxing. And golf. And bowling. She's a video game junkie at heart, but she'd never admit it. She's even played guitar hero.


Grandpa, Dad, Larry, Keith
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
That evening, we went to my Grandparents' house for more celebrating with Dad's side of the extended family.


Grandpa
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
I really can't describe how great it was being home for Christmas again. I love my family so much, and I'd come home more often if I could. It's a shame Christmas comes but once a year.

No comments: