Monday, December 03, 2007

Nobody's Home

You know what the worst feeling in the world is? The dread of not being able to find your phone. I worked today (Johnny is in Disney World this week with Sara and her family), and it was kinda hectic getting ready this morning. After I'd been at work for a while, I reached into my pocket and realised it wasn't there. I figured I'd just left it at home. No big deal. But when I got home I couldn't find it anywhere. Panic ensued.
Here's a brief list of the thoughts that went through my mind:
"Where the F is my phone?"
"I'll just have someone call it, and see if I can hear it."
"How can I get a hold of someone when I don't have my phone?"
"Well, I'll just text them."
"Duh, Curtis! You need your phone for that, too."
I ended up retracing my steps this morning, which included taking a trip back onto base. I found it next to one of the computers at work, and let out a huge sigh of relief. I can be such a bonehead sometimes.

No comments: