Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Food Science

Last night, I threw together some chili. I didn't eat any, though, because I think chili is best when it stews for a day or so. Plus, I never really know how it's gonna turn out. I don't have a set recipe, so sometimes I add extra tofu or less black beans. Sometimes I add chipotle or leave out the garlic. It's never the same, but sometimes it's better than others.
I came home for lunch today just to try it out. I don't know exactly what I did, but this batch turned out phenomenally. My main goal was to make it a little soupier than last time, which was so thick it almost bent my spoon. This one also has a little more kick, which I appreciate. I stored what I didn't eat, which should hopefully last me all week. Cooking for one isn't easy, and chili is the ultimate bachelor food.

No comments: