Monday, December 24, 2007

Gateway to the West

Wednesday afternoon, I took a road trip to St. Louis. My first destination, the home of Don and Jessi. I'd never met Jessi before, and she was just as charming and fun as Don described her. We had a great time eating and bonding and obsessing over Kurt Cobain. Thursday, Don and I hung out all day in St. Louis. We checked out a few galleries and saw the Body Worlds exhibit. We also spent some time with Kasey, who's turning into a wonderful and talented young lady. That night, I drove to hang with Paul and Trish, who are in the middle of moving to St. Louis from Seattle, and were staying with Jen and Jason, Trish's sister and brother-in-law. Roxy has gotten so big, and she's probably the most adorable 2-year-old in the whole F-ing world. Friday, I helped Paul move their belongings from a trailer into a U-Haul van in transition to their new place. And Saturday, I had breakfast with Jean-Marie and Jim before heading back to Kentucky. I know this is the Cliff's Notes version, made even worse by the fact I didn't take any pictures. Yes, I'm a total bonehead. You'll just have to take my word that it was a stellar trip and I'm so glad I got to see everyone before I depart for Italy. Love you guys.

No comments: