Friday, December 28, 2007

A Cloudy Departure

I can't believe how fast the past two weeks have gone by. I head back to Utah tomorrow, and, as always, it will be nice to get back to my own place. Still, I can't deny that being back in Kentucky has made me a little nostalgic and somewhat emotional. I almost lost it yesterday when Mom and I were taking down the Christmas tree. Maybe it's hanging out with my family, maybe it's the holidays, or maybe it's just seeing everyone growing older.
It's hard to see everyone in such a short period of time, but everyone has been so gracious and loving. E-mailing and talking on the phone just isn't the same as being able to hug someone. I know my Mom is going to start crying when we get to the airport tomorrow, and for the first time, I might, too.

No comments: