Sunday, December 16, 2007

C-Dawg's Odyssey

I've always been pretty lucky when traveling. I've never been stranded in an airport overnight, had to get violent with an airline attendant, or had a cancelled flight. Until yesterday.
I fly into Evansville, which is a small, regional airport; therefore, the only places they fly are places like Atlanta, Cincinnati, and Chicago (where my layover was yesterday). When I got off my flight from SLC to O'Hare, there was a message on my phone saying my flight had been cancelled, and the next available flight was Sunday morning. Thoughts filled my head of having to sleep on the floor of the airport while the rest of my family was drinking cider and decorating the tree.
I immediately picked up the direct phone line to American Airlines help desk. The lady told me there was an earlier flight that was boarding right then. I dropped the receiver and totally hauled ass across the airport.
I arrived at the gate, gasping for breath. The nice man told me the plane was delayed, and I'd have no problem getting on board. I let out a huge sigh of relief, and called my parents to tell them I'd be in even earlier than expected.
See? Christmas wishes DO come true! (Now, if only I had my luggage, too.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's so not fair. You get an earlier flight and I sleep on the floor in Tokyo.
How long are you going to be home?

--Homie