Thursday, August 03, 2006

Right of Way

I went to traffic school tonight for the speeding ticket I got a few weeks ago. It was kind of a joke. Basically, we sat around for an hour talking about how we got busted. There were about fifty people there, and everyone had this, "Yeah, I got caught" look of shame in their eyes. The class was led by an ex-cop in his late-60s. And after each person told his or her story, he'd tell us different places the cops like to hide out. At the end, he went over a few "gee-whiz" driving laws, so it wasn't a total waste of time. The worst part of it all was the $92 fine for my ticket PLUS the $50 fee for traffic school. Maybe if we all stopped getting tickets, then the State of Utah wouldn't be able to pay the cops due to the lack of $142 bucks (minimum) every time someone gets a violation. I guess you could call that "highway robbery." Damn, I'm funny.

1 comment:

J-Dubb said...

Man, I actually got an on base speeding ticket my last week in the airforce.lol, The cop was like "be sure to make an appointment with your 1st Shirt about this", and I'm just like, "Okay, sure buddy."