Monday, August 14, 2006

Love Rollercoaster


Kyle
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
Today, Shanna, Kyle, Robert, Ryan, Ryan, and I went to Lagoon. It's the local amusement park, and it's not huge or anything, but it was definitely fun. The first thing we rode was the bumper cars, and Kyle looks like he's having more fun than allowed by law.


Ryan, Ryan, & Kyle
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
Like I said, it's not a huge park, so the rides aren't as great as you'd find at, say, Six Flags, but the advantage is that it's cheaper and the lines are relatively short. We rode nearly everything in the park, including the log flume.


Robert & Shanna
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
And, of course, all the big roller coasters. My favourite was the Wild Mouse because each of the individual cars spun 360 degrees. I'd never been on a ride like that.


Ryan & Ryan
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
I could almost see my house from the top of the giant ferris wheel.


Shanna
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
Whenever we'd ride something that got us wet, we'd go ride the swings to dry off a bit.


Kyle & Ryan
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
We ended up staying until about 8 PM. Remember when you were young and you went to an amusement park and you could stay all day and ride all the rides so many times? Now, after riding them only once, I feel kinda shaken up with a stiff neck and maybe a little nauseated (especially after the Samurai). Still, it was a super-fun day, and I look forward to going back next summer.

1 comment:

Mike C said...

I only went on the Shimoda Ferris Wheel once, but I loved it. Sevilla has one too, that's either as tall as or taller than the London Eye (don't remember.) Good stuff. Not so good memories.

It sounds a LOT like a small theme park where I'm from called WonderLand... they have the big rocking pirate boat, and the tilt-a-whirl, and the mouse trap, which has to be the world's scariest roller coaster i nthat you SWEAR that it is gonna collapse in one big pile of metal...

Good stuff.