Tuesday, August 08, 2006

In My Jeans

From the time I started buying my own clothes, I didn't wear too much denim. I considered myself a preppie, and therefore wore mostly khakis and casual pants. I rarely had more than two or three pairs of jeans in my closet. About three years ago, the tide seemed to shift toward denim. I don't know why, but that's just the way it happened. I've gotten rid of the majority of casual pants in my closet, and now the bulk of it is denim. Out of all the jeans in my closet, there are three pair I consider my favourites:

Edwin
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
I bought these about three years ago at the Amerikaya store in Hachinohe, about a thirty-minute drive from where I was stationed. They're Edwin, which, unfortunately, are difficult to find in the States. I think part of the appeal of Edwin jeans was they were endorsed by Brad Pitt. They have an odd colour to them, but they go good with any earth-toned shirts I have. Plus, they're a little long, so I can roll up the legs and look all hipsterish. For some reason, all the jeans I bought in Japan are really long. Strange, considering how short most Japanese people are.


Diesel
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
These are limited edition Diesel jeans that I bought at a boutique in Tokyo. Thanks to Paul and Trish for helping me pick them out. Because of the distinctive pockets in the front, these stand out more than any others I own. I tend to get a lot of compliments when I wear these, and who doesn't like compliments?


A/X
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
But these are probably my favourite of them all. They're basic J101s from Armani Exchange. There's nothing really special about them, but they fit me perfectly. I bought them when I was a little thicker, and they fit great. But even after I lost weight, they still fit great. They sit perfectly on my hips, and give me plenty of room where I need it. They're not too light and not too dark. They've been destroyed, frayed, and distressed, but only in a few spots to keep them from looking too trendy. I usually wear these when I travel or on a first date. When I put them on after I get out of the shower, I know it's going to be a good night.

1 comment:

Hawaii Vixen said...

Love the Armani Ex jeans...just bored and browsing blogs.