Friday, June 30, 2006

Der Kommissar's in Town (Uh-oh!)


80s Night
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
Yesterday was Tonya's birthday, so last night, after Rooster's, we met her at Area 51 for 80s night. Due to the large amount of alcohol I consumed on Wednesday, I opted to be the designated driver, but I still had a lot of fun. I even got to wear my HyperColor t-shirt that's been sitting in the back of my closet forever. I've had it since I was in the 8th grade...and it STILL WORKS!


Zach & Tonya
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.



John & Ryan
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.



Me & Tonya
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
It was a super fun night with lots of dancing and laughing, and Tonya really enjoyed her birthday. We left the club at 2, but soon, the mood would go drastically downhill.


The Ticket
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
An historical thing happened last night. I got my first speeding ticket. The story goes like this: we were getting ready to get on the freeway, and a motorcycle cop stopped me. I figured he was just going to check for a DUI. He gave me a field sobriety test. (The whole, "Follow the pen with your eyes" thing.) Then he tells me that I was doing 50 in a 35. He only wrote the ticket for 5 over, but I still think it's bullshit. I was getting on the FREEWAY! Come on!
It doesn't really bother me to go to traffic school or even to pay a fine. It's just that it's my first traffic violation ever. And I've been driving for almost 16 years! That's half my life. Coincidentally, both times I've been pulled over in my life have been while driving John home when he's drunk. Perhaps I should let Ryan stick with DD duties.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are no longer a ticket weergin. Welcome to the club!

Mike C said...

My dad is the only person I know of who has NEVER gotten a ticket. Ever. I don't think he's even been pulled over in the last 10 years.