Friday, August 18, 2006

Everything Ends

I just finished the last episode of the last season of Six Feet Under. I've been renting it online, and it's taken me about two months to finish all five seasons. The show and each of its characters really drew me in, and I found myself getting pretty emotional as the series went on. It's helped me view death in a whole new way. I've never been really afraid of dying, but then again, it's never been something into which I put much thought. Death isn't really the end of life, just a part of it. And watching this family deal with not only their own mortality, but everyone else's has made me so grateful for my own life. It was a great perspective.
But nothing could have prepared me for the last episode. I cried like a little girl. I think the last time I cried so hard was when my Mom took me to see "The Fox and the Hound" when I was six. It was the perfect ending to the show, and just thinking about it is making me a little choked up. I'm such a wuss.

No comments: