Sunday, December 04, 2005

Into the Great White Open


Mountain
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
Today, I went boarding for the first time this season. I tried to find people to go with me, but I ended up going by myself. Since it's still early in the season and not all the lifts are open yet, plus I have a military discount pass, the lift ticket was pretty cheap.
I got there at 9 AM, right when the lifts opened. In Japan, it was less crowded on Saturdays because all the Japanese were at work. Here, it's better to go on Sundays because all the Mormons are at Church. I hardly waited at all.
The first couple hours were great, but then it got really windy and started snowing. It didn't really bother me, except that a lot of times, I couldn't really see what was coming. It was just a big sea of white.
Regardless, I had a super time. Since it was my first time this season, I got tired pretty quickly and only stayed for about five hours. It's nice having such a great resort only 20 miles away. That way, I don't feel as if I've wasted a whole day if I get tired too soon.

No comments: