Sunday, December 11, 2005

Christmas, Don't Be Late

John, Kyle, and I went down to SLC to do a little Christmas shopping today. My goal for the entire day was to not buy anything for myself, and I totally succeeded. Unfortunately, I didn't get anything for anyone else, either. The highlight of my day was when we saw a homeless lady and she asked for fifty cents to use the phone. When I gave it to her, she said, "Merry Christmas." Totally made everything better.
I love the Christmas season and the build-up and the decorations and all, but the whole capitalism thing really turns me into a Grinch. Everything is so crowded and people are pushy and traffic is horrible. It certainly makes shopping online very tempting. I love this time of year, but part of me will be really glad when it's all over. I guess one of the things that makes Christmas so endearing is that it only comes once a year.

No comments: