Thursday, December 08, 2005

He Hit Me (It Felt Like A Kiss)

Back in the late 90s, some students at BYU created a site called NCMO.org. NCMO (nik'-mo) stood for Non-Commital Make-Out, and its purpose was obvious. BYU found out about the site, and, being the extrememly conservative institution it is, immediately shut it down. My friend John is a BYU graduate and has tons of horror stories about BYU's fascist scare tactics. But, they are a private school and they can basically do whatever they want.
Anyway, my point, and I do have one, is this: I've been engaging in a few NCMOs as of late, and I'm not sure what to think about it. I kinda took a hiatus from the whole dating scene while in Japan, and now that I'm back in the States, I feel as though I'm being thrown to the wolves. It's not a horrible thing, and I'm having an interesting time reacquainting myself. There are probably some moral and ethical dilemas here, but I'm not sure what they are. There have been no promises or expectations, and everyone involved is aware of the situation. I don't feel bad about anything. Perhaps I should slow down, or possibly remove myself from the whole scene for a bit to find my bearings. Or maybe nothing needs to be done at all, and it will all work itself out. I won't deny that it's nice to have someone to hold when the nights are getting longer and colder. But something tells me I wouldn't be questioning it if there wasn't something slightly amiss. I guess I should find out if there's even a problem before I work on solving it.

1 comment:

David McLaughlin said...

You little skanky whore you:) It's so cute!