Thursday, December 01, 2005

Out of a Molehill


Snow
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
The weather man says there is between a 50 and 70 percent chance of snow every day for the next week, and that makes me a happy boy. It was partly sunny here in the valley today, but the clouds were all over the mountains. For all you "Lord of the Rings" fans, they kinda look like Mt. Doom, but without the fire.
Sometimes I try to decide which I like more: living in a warmer climate near the ocean, or living near the mountains. And I still don't know. I wish I would have taken advantage of the ocean more when I was in Japan, but when you can count the number of warm, sunny days each year on one hand, it's not easy. The mountains here are so grand and beautiful. You couldn't ignore them if you wanted to. Sometimes when I'm out, I start staring at them in all their majesty and just about get lost. I don't know if it took a day or millions of years, but God sure did a great job designing them. I know I post tons of pictures of the mountains on here. I probably should have posted one with this entry, but I didn't have my camera with me today. Don't worry, though. I'm sure there will be many more in the future.

2 comments:

nicolesy said...

I live in that warm, sunny climate by the ocean ... and I would give it all up in an instant to go back to 4-season weather. I think it's just what you grew up with, assuming you enjoyed it when you were growing up :) It doesn't feel like it's the holiday season right now ... it surprises me when I see snow in photos and on tv. What is that stuff? It's still summer to me!!

Homie said...

I guess that having the thought of "Do you know what goes into the ocean?" most of the time, I would rather be near the mountains.