Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Steal My Sunshine

Remember the Great Sunglass Caper of 07? Well, ever since then, I've been on the lookout for a pair of sunglasses that compare to the ones so horribly taken from me. How fortunate that I'm in Italy, where everyone is obsessed with fashion, and there's a sunglass boutique on nearly every corner. The only problem is I'd rather not pay 400 Euro for them.
Lately, I've had my eye on a certain pair of Prada aviators I found in Pordenone, but I've been waiting until after Christmas to see if they go on sale. Somehow, the stars have aligned in my favour, and while Jason and I were strolling around downtown on Saturday, I saw them with a little 50% off tag attached. I haven't afforded myself many luxuries lately as I'm trying to save money for summer travel, but sometimes you just need to splurge. I'm sure you'll see a picture of me in them eventually, but for now, they're sitting on my dresser, and I anticipate a long, happy life together.

No comments: