Saturday, January 10, 2009

My Quest To Make Everyone I Know A Diabetic

Making cheesecakes has become somewhat of a hobby for me. So much so, that I don't even really need a recipe anymore. I know proper ratios for cream cheese and eggs, and the rest is basically just suited to taste. If there's any kind of event or gathering on my calendar, I have to schedule time a couple days beforehand to make a cheesecake. Sometimes it's the chocolate cheesecake with the layer of caramel in the middle. Sometimes it's a strawberry swirl. Sometimes it's a white chocolate raspberry. Lately, I've been getting a little experimental. Last night, I attempted a white chocolate cheesecake with a dark chocolate swirl. It's probably the ugliest cheesecake I've made yet. It's lumpy on top and the swirl turned into more of a mixture. I'm taking it to Cheyenne's house today, where she, Danielle, and Jess will pass judgement. I have no doubt it will taste good, but I already have ideas of how to fix it the next time I make it. Joann says I should make and sell them, but in my experience, turning a hobby into a job just sucks the fun right out of it.

No comments: