Sunday, January 25, 2009

Old Folks At Home

It's funny how our weekend nights have gotten into somewhat of a routine. Friday is the drink-and-party night, and Saturday is the chill out night. Sure, there are exceptions, but this weekend wasn't one of them. After going out for pizza Friday night, we hit up the Bicycle Bar in Sacile and then the Cal Bar in Aviano. Last night, I went over to Jenny and Johnny's for dinner and movie watching.
Sunday evening is kind of a prep time. I like to make sure everything is in order before I go to bed. My house needs to be clean. My dirty laundry basket needs to be empty. My lunches for the week need to be prepared. My homework needs to be done. If any of these criteria is lacking, I can't sleep well.
Corey, however, doesn't really fall into this. He has to cram as much excitement into the weekend as possible. He dropped by J & J's last night, but only long enough to eat, before he was out the door to hit up another bar. There's nothing wrong with that, but I like my time off to be equal parts excitement and relaxation. Maybe I'm just getting old, but I happen to enjoy a night in from time to time.

No comments: