Sunday, December 28, 2008

Sigh of Relief

I just got home from my last of seven consecutive days of work. The only potential hazard is the possibility of a stand-by call tonight. I'm actually crossing my fingers as I type this. Also, Jason gets back from the States tonight, and should be picking up Azrael any time.
Now I'm off until the 5th, time which will be spent taking care of a large list of tasks such as
1) cleaning the dog hair which has accumulated over the past two weeks.
2) helping Johnny and Jenny move some stuff to their new house.
3) making two cheesecakes for New Years Eve.
4) changing the oil and rotating the tires on my truck.
5) hopefully getting a day of boarding in there somewhere.
Due to my busy work schedule and even busier dog-sitting schedule, I haven't had the time or energy to run. Add to that my frequent ingestion of unhealthy holiday snacks, and I have a slightly increased gut size. I'm not sure if I'll make it to the gym this week, but if I don't, I won't worry. I read recently that it's natural for the body to store up a little extra fat in the winter, so I figure I'm just helping it along.

No comments: