Friday, December 26, 2008

Lightly Dusted

I was pretty successful in my Christmas boycott. I didn't do anything I wouldn't have done on any other normal work day, except call my parents. The local radio stations didn't play much holiday music, and there wasn't a soul on base. I just treated it like any other day to avoid any potential depression (post or otherwise), and I succeeded.

Dolomites
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
We had a slightly delayed white Christmas here in northern Italy. It didn't start snowing until I got home last night, and when I woke up this morning, there was a thin white powder over everything. Luckily, the roads were too warm to ice over. I had already started my rounds when the sun was rising, and when it hit the mountains, I was awestruck. I climbed the water tower and took a couple pictures.


Dolomites
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
There has been snow on the mountains for a while now, and it will probably stick around until June. But it rarely snows here in the valley. I just came home for lunch, and already, it's almost all gone. I'm glad I was up early enough to see it, and they way it made everything look so peaceful.

No comments: