Monday, March 17, 2008

Still Seeing Spots

The whole rash thing has had me a little bummed the past couple weeks. We've had a few warm, sunny days, but I'm confined to long sleeve shirts and jackets because, seriously, you have no idea how ugly every inch of my skin below my neck looks. I was pretty confident it was a reaction to the linens in billeting, and was going to wait it out until I moved into my house. Well, I'm beginning to wonder if I'm ever going to move into my house; plus, the rash has started to get a little itchy. So this morning, I made an appointment to see the doc.
After a few questions, an examination, more questions, some typing on his computer, and then some questions, Dr. (Maj) Zollinger diagnosed me with guttate psoriasis. He said it's probably the result of the brief strep infection I had right before I left Utah. (So much for the linen theory.) What's worse is that, even though it will disappear, it might come back without notice and never really go away completely (kinda like Cher), but that's not for certain. He also used the words "...the worst rash I've ever seen." Thanks, Doc. I also took notice that right after he shook my hand, he went straight for the hand sanitiser.
I was prescribed two drugs. One is for the itching. The second one is supposed to take care of the actual rash, and it's some kind of steroid. I joked that maybe I should try to go hit some home runs, and he just looked at me and blinked. He said it's not that kind of steroid, but if I start taking these pills and my nuts shrink, I'm gonna be a little upset.

No comments: