Thursday, March 06, 2008

Mixed Bizness

So much has been going on this week (which explains why posting has been scarce). A few things that have taken up so much of my time are...
Church. Shaun is a contractor here working for the Chapel. He helps run a program called Club Beyond, which is a ministry aimed at bringing in high school students who wouldn't normally set foot inside the Chapel. He's got several volunteers working for him, but he's always in need of more. I went to a volunteer's meeting Monday night, and it definitely sounds like something I'd be interested in. However, I'm not sure how many evenings I'll have free because of...
Work. I was kinda spoiled my last year in Utah. I knew I'd never have to stay past 4 PM and only worked weekends when I wanted. The shop here is a little undermanned, so when an emergency arises (i.e. every toilet in the club overflowing), I might have to stay until everything is resolved (like when I stayed until 8 PM Tuesday for a certain reason that might have just been mentioned). Luckily, everyone in my shop is super cool, which makes time there go much quicker. MSgt Lewis, the shop chief, never complains, is constantly making sacrifices for our shop, and has been more than generous in giving me time to set up my...
House. You wouldn't believe the time and money that go into finding a place in Italy. There's no such thing as a quick trip to the housing office, which is where I've spent countless hours over the past two weeks. On top of that, there are tons of forms to fill out, finances to figure, contracts, meetings, and deadlines. I just have to keep reminding myself that it might be stressful and overwhelming now, but once everything is taken care of, I'll be able to settle down and relax in my sweet house.

No comments: