Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Mi Casa


My House
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
Here's my house! I just got back from there because I was getting my appliances delivered. But despite the fact I now have a washer, dryer, stove, and refrigerator, it looks like I won't be able to move in today as I had hoped. My electricity is on, but I'm still waiting on gas. And spending the night in a house with no heat when the temperatures drop into the 30s doesn't sound too fun. Looks like a few more nights in billeting for me.


My House
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
Here's another view from the side. See that balcony? It looks out toward the mountains. I would have taken a picture of the view, but it's raining today, and you can barely see anything.
Once I get my furniture and stuff, I'll take some interior pictures. This afternoon, I'm going to go shopping for some basics like rugs, a welcome mat, and a lawn mower. Yes, I'm going to take care of the landscaping, too, which kinda has me excited.


My View
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
UPDATE: So, I took some stuff to my house this afternoon, and the clouds were dissipating, so I decided to take a picture from my balcony. The mountains here are so diverse that you can't see the highest peak. But if you look really close, you can see the bell tower for Budoia's Church in the middle of town. I can't wait to walk down to the market and meet my neighbours.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful view.

Anonymous said...

I'm ready to come visit! I'm glad to hear that you are doing well and getting all settled over there in italy. -vegan mike

Pete said...

It's been dropping down to the 30's here every night and not only have I been sleeping with no heat (my heat hasn't been on since January)... I've been sleeping with the windows OPEN! But then again, I'm crazy and my temperature regulation isn't like everyone else's!

Your house looks freaking awesome!

Anonymous said...

I see the window of my room!! ~Abby

Anonymous said...

Oh and I wanna see pictures of your ride! lol

Jean-Marie said...

You live in a postcard!