Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Please, Mr. Postman

Just like in Japan, the base here assigns everyone a PO box. So, whenever I receive a package, I find a little yellow slip of paper in my box. And, oh, how I love the little yellow slip of paper. Finding the yellow paper in my box is almost as exciting as opening a present on Christmas morning. When I walk through the post office with my yellow paper, the eyes of the paperless glare enviously at me. As I stand in line to pick up whatever was too large to fit in my box, visions of internet shopping from the week before fill my head. "Will it be the shoes from Zappos.com, or possibly the pomade I had to special order? I bet it's the DVD from Amazon.com." It's a horrible addiction. It's not necessarily getting the package. Those damn yellow slips of paper have me mesmerised!
(By the way, if, for any reason, you'd like my mailing address, feel free to e-mail me.)

No comments: