Saturday, March 29, 2008

When I Got The Music, I Gotta Place To Go

As I mentioned, the base here is pretty spread out, so a lot of time is spent driving to different jobs. Whist driving, I've found all the Italian radio stations that play American/British music, and there are quite a few of them. My favourite is one called "Radio Fantasy," which features a station identification jingle with a guy singing (in a very strained, Joe-Cocker-ish voice), "To the people, Radio Fan-TA-SEE!!!" The other one is "Superstar!" whose jingle isn't nearly as fun. Both play lots of Euro-pop, and I was really excited last week when they started playing the new Madonna song (which is pretty awesome...AND it features Justin Timberlake). The other station I frequent plays lots of Brit-Pop. I think it's actually a British station, but just broadcasts out of Italy. Especially since their station ID is repeated ad nauseam in a very thick British accent, "Virgin Radio." They all have obnoxious DJs, just like in America. I can't really understand what they're saying, but they sure like to laugh at their own jokes a lot. The other interesting thing is that they don't censor any of their music. The other night I was driving home and heard Dr. Dre saying "if bitches talk shit, I'll have to put the smack down." I guess most of the Italians probably don't know what he's talking about anyway.
Speaking of Madonna, you know she can do no wrong in my eyes; but she's seriously pushing the limits with her new album artwork. I mean, she's gonna be 50 this year, and I know she's in better shape than most women half her age. But I was thinking, you know, maybe she'd just like to kinda tone it down a bit.

No comments: