Sunday, March 16, 2008

Post Lag

I started this blog on Blogger.com nearly five years ago, and I've always thought it's been a pretty good site. However, there are a few things I wish they'd fix. One, in particular, happens whenever I change time zones. I update my profile so whenever I post, the date and time is automatically stamped. But whenever I change my profile, it changes all the dates and times of all my previous posts, too. For example, there are posts I wrote in Japan that talk about something happening Saturday morning, but it's listed as Friday night. I could go back and manually alter a thousand or so posts, but who has time to do that? I'd rather just put out an explanation in case you're sifting back through the archives and I'm complaining about having to wake up early even though the post is written at 2 PM. Now you'll know why.

No comments: