Sunday, March 09, 2008

Quattro Formaggi

Last night, a big group of us went to a pizzeria called Vecchio's. Before I got here, I'd always heard how pizza in Italy is so different than pizza in the States. I've had pizza from a few different places here in Aviano, and it's not THAT different...but it is better. Most pizza here has a thin crust, but at Vecchio's, they specialize in a thicker crust. I had the four cheese pizza, and I couldn't tell you what those four cheeses were; but the one on top was a white cheese that tasted like cream cheese. I doesn't sound very appetizing, but it was squisito (delicious).
There were eleven at our table, including Jenn McGuire (nee Price), who was stationed with Shaun and I in Misawa. She's now married to a super-nice guy named Matt, and is about to give birth any day now. It was great to see her again, and I had a wonderful time talking with everyone and meeting new people.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

they usually use mozzarella, parmigiano, gorgonzola. The fourth kind of cheese is different from town to town...could be fontina, provolone silano...
the question is ...did u like it???

Jean-Marie said...

My favorite cheesey cheese at TJ's- the Quattro Formaggio. YUMMMY!!!