Saturday, June 16, 2007

Who wouldn't want Carl on their answering machine?


Wait, Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
The more I listen to National Public Radio, the more I like it. And one of my favourite programs (as I may have mentioned) is Wait, Wait...Don't Tell Me! Normally, the show is taped in Chicago, but occasionally, they travel to other cities. Such was the case last night at Kingsbury Hall on the U of U campus, for which John, Ryan, Brian, and I were in attendance.
You might think watching a crew tape a radio show would be boring, but it was quite the opposite. The three panelists featured were my favourites, Mo Rocca, Paula Poundstone, and Tom Bodett. The celebrity guest featured on "Not My Job" was Utah's own Donny Osmond. And seeing Carl Kasell and Peter Sagal in person was great. I've rarely laughed that much in my life.
The whole taping took over two hours, and it's amazing how they edit it down to a 45 minute show. If you'd like to listen, and I think you should, check your local NPR station for when they'll broadcast it this weekend. Or, you can always download the podcast on the website or via iTunes anytime after Sunday. Trust me. You'll be glad you did.

1 comment:

Jess said...

I was there. I wish I would have seen all of you guys. I was amazed how funny it was too and can't believe they can edit it down. Mo Rocca killed me :) Thank goodness they will edit down the lady from Florida.