Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Jigsaw

I've heard it said there are two types of people in the world: the type who have a small group of close friends; and the kind that have tons of friends, but no one really close. I'm not really sure into which one I fit, because I feel like I have lots of close friends. Consequently, I often feel like I'm neglecting many of them because of various social obligations with other friends. Maybe this causes me to fall into the second group.
Another odd thing is the different circles of friends I have. They all seem so different from each other, and even though I don't really feel like I fit in 100% with any of them, maybe it's beneficial because no matter my mood, I always have a niche into which to fall. Sometimes I think it would be great to combine all my friends together in one giant circle. I've been successful in getting one or two people to "cross over" into other friend territory, but combining entire groups could result in lots of awkward silences.
Mostly, I'm just thankful that God has placed so many great people in my life. I can't think of anything worse than being alone. This world is just too scary to handle by myself. If you feel the same way, call me and we'll have coffee. And then hug.

1 comment:

Jean-Marie said...

Coffee and hugs sound good.

btw, your word verification has a naughty word in it :)