Thursday, March 08, 2007

Let's meet our panelists...

I'm not really a big radio listener. I used to stick with CDs, until last year when I got my iPod hard-wired into my truck (which was probably the best investment I ever made). But over the past two years I've been living in Utah, National Public Radio has been broadcast from my speakers more and more. And now that I spend so much time at work driving around the base in a truck with only a radio, I've gotten my co-workers hooked on it, too. Favourite programmes include The Diane Rehm Show and All Things Considered.
Another favourite is the news quiz show Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me. It's kind of like Comedy Central's The Daily Show--Informative AND funny. It airs Saturday mornings at 11 AM, so I rarely get the chance to hear it live. Luckily, I can download the podcast and listen to it anytime. When I was driving to and from Vegas, my listening schedule would alternate from music for an hour to an episode of "Wait Wait." It definitely made the six-hour trek go by quickly. I'm also exited that they'll be broadcasting live from Salt Lake City on June 14th. It's a few months away, but I'm planning on being in the studio audience. Anybody wanna come with?

1 comment:

Mike C said...

I grew up listening to Garrison Keillor's "A Prairie Home Companion" on NPR, and I can remember watching it on Saturday nights on TV, too. I have a lot of his monologues downloaded, and his books are good reads as well, which I like even more than the show itself. Good stuff.

(The movie's pretty good too, even if I think Linsay Lohan shouldn't have been in it.)