Saturday, June 02, 2007

Stripes and Bells

Today was an important day for two guys in my shop. First, my good friend Ken sewed on his Staff Sergeant stripe today, and I can honestly say nobody deserves it more. He's the most ambitious, hardest-working guy in the Utilities section who will one day make a great Chief.
Second, the one and only Bobby Gene Davis got married. The ceremony was at 2 this afternoon, and I really had to haul ass this morning to get to attend. It was a simple, brief, but beautiful ceremony, and I'm happy I was there. Bobby is getting ready to leave for Korea in a few weeks, and it's sad his new bride won't be able to go with him; but I'm sure, after he returns in a year, they'll live a long and happy life together. Congratulations and best wishes, Bobby and Crystal!

No comments: