Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Because It Was There!


Mt. Olympus Hike
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
Saturday, Nick, John, Brian, and I made the trek up Mt. Olympus, a popular hiking destination for Salt Lakers. John and Brian are pretty regular hikers, and had no problems. Nick and I lagged behind a bit, and thought several times about turning back.


Mt. Olympus Hike
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
The distance of the hike wasn't any longer than last week's hike up Adams Canyon. But it was steeper. Much steeper.


Wasatch Range
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
The main trail ended at a saddle, but continuing to the summit required some vigorous rock climbing. I'm so glad we didn't stop, because the view from the summit was exhilarating.


Mt. Olympus Hike
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
The ascent took three hours, while the descent took about two. It was probably the most difficult hike I've done since Mt. Fuji, but I really enjoyed it. And I'm not nearly as sore today as I thought I'd be. If you'd like to check out the entire photo stream, go here. And yeah, give another round of applause to God.

No comments: