Friday, July 01, 2005

House of Bricks

When I came to Utah five months ago, I was kinda nervous about making new friends and starting a whole new social scene all over again. Luckily, Caleb was here and he and his brothers were very gracious about welcoming me into their home. I still remember the first night I met the Brothers Wendt. It was a whirlwind of new names and faces, but over the following weeks, I grew to know their different personalities. They've made my transition to Utah so easy and enjoyable.
But, as they say, all good things must come to an end. Thaddeus got married and moved out in May. Josh got married and moved out last weekend. I've spent all week helping Sam and Caleb move their stuff to different places, and we just finished the final clean-up a couple hours ago (and then went to Denny's to celebrate). The house they had together was so full of fun and fellowship and love. It was evident in the way everyone loved to hang out there. Not only did I get to know all the Wendts, but also their girlfriends and friends and all the friends and families of all of those people. It was truly special, and it could never be duplicated. I'm gonna miss that house, but I'm just glad I got to experience it, even for a little while.

No comments: