Saturday, July 09, 2005

Keep On A-Rockin' Me


Steve Miller Band
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
One of the best things about live music is the great vibe from the crowd you get at most shows. And when you see a show at an amphitheatre, it's even better. Tonight, Heidi, Sam, Lisa, Nate, Caleb, and I went to see the Steve Miller Band, and it was great fun. The opening band was War who played several songs I recognised that I didn't think I would (i.e. "Why Can't We Be Friends" and "Low Rider"). True, these are bands from the late 60s / early 70s, and I probably wouldn't have gone if Sam and Heidi hadn't asked me, but I'm so glad I did.


More SMB
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
One of the really cool things about this show in particular was the diversity of the crowd. Most of the bands I see fall into the modern rock, punk, or electronica category; and they cater mostly to white people in their 20s. Tonight's show had all ages and was quite racially mixed. And it seemed everyone was just there to dance around and enjoy the show.

No comments: