Sunday, July 10, 2005

Musical Congregations

Since I've been in Utah, I've been attending three different churches. The Rock Church on Saturday nights, and alternating between Washington Heights Baptist Church and Alpine Community Church on Sundays. All of them have some great attributes, but for some reason, I haven't really buckled down and gotten in depth with any of them.
I hear all the time from people I knew in Misawa that once they've moved away, they've never found as great a place to fellowship and draw closer to God than at the Hospitality House. And I kinda prepared myself for somewhat of a letdown when I got to Utah. But now I'm kinda thinking that maybe I haven't really made a total effort to immerse myself wholeheartedly in a church family. I've done research on house churches and small group Bible studies, but I haven't attended any yet. I've looked into joining music ministries, but I haven't gone to any rehearsals. I've been praying for guidance regarding which of these churches I should stick with. Or maybe the reason I haven't committed is that the Lord is in the process of leading me to the right one. I dunno. It's confusing and rather frustrating, but I'm sure that when the time is right, God will let me know, and all the time and effort that has gone into my journey will totally be worth it.

No comments: