Saturday, July 02, 2005

...because he's in his post-adolescent idealistic phase?

In the midst of unpacking, losing my wallet, finding it, helping Caleb and Sam move, and various other activities this week, I've been trying to clean out my second bedroom. When my TMO shipment arrived back in March, there was a lot more stuff than I remember having when I was in Japan, and if I didn't know where to put something, it just generically went into that second bedroom. It was so packed with books, pictures, old DCUs, blankets, CDs, and who-knows-what that you couldn't even walk in there. It made me realise how much money I waste on stuff that seems so important at the time, but is really just meaningless.
Anyway, I found an old piece of paper I used to carry around in my wallet. I remember making it up when I was a freshman in college, but I hadn't seen it (or even thought about it) in years. The list is titled "25 Things I Want To Do Before I Die." I'm really letting you guys in by revealing this somewhat silly list to you, but hey - I was 18, so I have no apologies. Here it is, verbatim:

1) Visit Walt Disney World.
2) Grow old enough to retire, sit on a porch swing with my wife, and watch a sunset.
3) Tour Europe.
4) Become an expert pianist.
5) Taste the world's best pizza (if I haven't already).
6) Meet Madonna and/or see her in concert.
7) Read the Bible all the way through.
8) Have no debts, whatsoever.
9) Own a red convertible sports car.
10) Attend a major sporting event (i.e. The World Series, The Olympics, The Super Bowl, etc.).
11) Become as knowledgeable about automobiles as my father.
12) Find and ride the world's best roller coaster.
13) Have one or two children (either gender).
14) Watch my children open their presents on Christmas morning.
15) Sing with a karaoke machine.
16) Somehow, repay my parents for all they have done for me.
17) Teach a children's or youth Sunday School class.
18) Be able to jog 3 miles each morning.
19) Attend each of my high school class reunions.
20) Keep up with my closest friends after I graduate college.
21) Never get a speeding ticket.
22) See a Broadway musical.
23) Visit the Sigma Phi Epsilon Headquarters, Zollinger House.
24) Become someone's hero.
25) Fall in love.

There are a few I've already done (7, 15, 17). There's one I've already failed (19). Some I may never really know if I've fulfilled them or not. Some will be impossible. Some will never be fulfilled until I die.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i like this list curtis, i need to make one now lol..