Saturday, July 16, 2005

Another Brick in the Wall

Due to the Hill's ORE (Operational Readiness Exercise), I have to work tomorrow, which prevents me from attending the Warped Tour. I'm not a huge fan of any of the bands performing (except maybe MxPx), but just the thought of all those people dancing and crowd surfing and jumping around while I'm doing security sweeps and setting up tents makes me ill. Live music is the best.
Furthermore, we move into Phase II of the ORE on Monday which includes countless hours in layers of chem gear, preventing regular breathing, ventilation, and clear speech. Maybe I'll just purposefully dehydrate myself and pass out every day so I can spend the afternoon laying in an air conditioned hospital bed and not in the blazing sun.
The military life really isn't too bad, overall, but I absolutely abhor exercises. I think I'd rather get deployed to Iraq than endure a two week exercise. When I was little and my Dad asked me to do something I hated (i.e. mowing the lawn, sweeping the porch, gargling Drano, etc.), he'd tell me that it would build character. I'm just going to try to look at this exercise as a big character building process.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool, you were headed for the Warped Tour too. Well, I am not (too much noise for my ears) but my brothers are headed for it in Minneapolis next weekend. I just didn't know anyone else who was going, so I thought it was kind of cool. Maybe you can put on a little "warped tour" of your own during the the ORI (they would love that one). enjoy, take care, and build charcter:)