Thursday, June 30, 2005

The Parable of the Lost Wallet

Kevin and I went to see "War of the Worlds" last night, and as I was buying tickets, I asked the girl in the booth, "Um, this is probably a long-shot, but I lost my wallet here on Sunday. They've already looked for it, but is there any chance it's shown up?" She called the managers office, and guess what? THEY FOUND IT! I was so happy I was jumping up and down in the theatre and Kevin almost disowned me. I was just so happy because I've NEVER lost my wallet before and I was sure it was totally gone.
By the way, "War of the Worlds" was pretty good. I was worried it would be cheesy and just another version of "Independence Day" (aka The Worst Movie Ever), but it wasn't. Tom Cruise still really doesn't do much for me, and Dakota Fanning is too cute for her own good. Regardless, the movie itself is visually amazing and had me pretty freaked out a few times. Plus, I was glad they kept the original H.G. Wells ending and didn't Hollywood-ise it. Of course, I may have still been euphoric about finding my wallet.

No comments: