Tuesday, July 12, 2005

One Word

I'm probably going to catch 23 different kinds of hell for saying this, but Kelly Osbourne's new album, "Sleeping in the Nothing," is actually pretty good. I was really bothered by the way she totally butchered "Papa Don't Preach" a few years back, but she's obviously taken some time off to listen to some New Order, Depeche Mode, and other 80s alt-rock-synth-new-wave-y bands. The result? A shiny, little, dance-pop record that's a little dark, a little fun, and not too pretentious. True, she can't really sing all that well, but she covers it up with easy, mid-range melodies and high production value. It may be somewhat of a guilty pleasure, but my iPod is full of them, so feel free to ridicule me. You won't be the first, nor the last.

2 comments:

Curtis Sutton said...

Well, I don't really have any kind of fascination with the Osbournes. In fact, I've only seen their reality television show once. However, it would be interesting to spend a summer living with them.
As for my profile picture, it's about the only picture I have of myself where I think I look sexy, and you're right. I'm not mean, nor a hard ass, nor a smoker, and not even the slightest bit sexy, so I guess it's a little misleading. I've always been on the lookout for a better picture that portrays the true Currt-Dawg, but since I'm the most unphotogenic person on the planet, it's not likely to show up anytime soon. Maybe I should do a self portrait and post that one instead. Or just post a picture of Brad Pitt. You'd be amazed at the number of people who say I resemble him.

Anonymous said...

I vote for the Mickey Mouse ears to be on your profile...