Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Black or White

The Michael Jackson trial started today, and I don't normally find any interest in celebrity legal crap; but what I find so strange about this particular trial is how adamant everyone is to convict him. As I was telling Abby earlier, I'll admit Michael Jackson is somewhat of an oddity. And if he's found guilty, I hope justice is served and he pays for this horrible crime. But we're only one day into the trial and people are ready to send him to the gallows. I thought the way the system works is that one is innocent until proven guilty. It really wouldn't surprise me if the family of this boy is just out for money. What's sad is even if that is the case, Michael Jackson is ruined. Nobody could recover from this. It makes me want to be a lawyer.

No comments: