Friday, March 11, 2005

Just a dog? -or- Zed's dead. -or- Did you drink and dial?

I love the feeling you have after you've just seen a really great film. It's happened to me three times this week:
Monday night, I saw "Finding Neverland." Sure, it was a little bit sappy in parts, but Johnny Depp was amazing and the whole theme about the power and value of imagination really got to me.
Last night, I took "Pulp Fiction" over to the Wendt home because, and I still have a hard time believing this, neither Caleb nor Josh had ever seen it. After we watched it, they agreed it was one of the best films EVER. The timing on this film was perfect. It totally pioneered independent cinema and prompted so many movie geeks to pick up their video cameras and go with it. Plus, I remembered a line I've always liked that goes, "It's unfortunate that what we find pleasing to the eye and pleasing to the touch are seldom the same."
Tonight, I went to see "Sideways" for the second time, and it was just as good as it was the first time. Paul Giamatti was spectacular. You can just see how frustrated his character is with himself, his friend, and his life. Virginia Madsen emits a sly sexuality. And the humour is so heartbreaking.
I love movies. If I had a creative bone in my body, I'd grow a pair and go off to flim school.

1 comment:

Trish said...

Just to let you know I haven't seen Pulp Fiction either. Well, I have seen the part where Uma, I think it's Uma anyways, tells the tomato joke, but that's about it.
Trish