Thursday, March 03, 2005

Sugar High

Tomorrow, I fly to Alabama for Brad's wedding. I went ahead and started my leave today, just because I like to have time to prepare. I spent the afternoon cleaning, doing laundry, and packing. I was finished by about 5 PM, so I decided to head over to Barnes & Noble and chill out with a book for a while. So, you know that smell when you walk into a Barnes & Noble? The smell of new books mixed with Starbucks? Yeah, I have a minor addiction to that smell. So I walked in, picked out a book, and made a bee-line for the Starbucks counter. I ordered a grande caramel Frappucino AND a piece of chocolate mousse cheesecake. And the little bugger behind the counter asks me if I'd like to go ahead and get a venti for only fifty cents more. And because I have absolutely NO will power whatsoever, I go ahead and get a venti for only fifty cents more. I sat with my cheesecake and Frappucino, and tried so very hard to read, but the chocolate and sugar and caffiene took effect pretty quick, and I couldn't keep my eyes from wandering around the store. So I came back home, rearranged the two pieces of furniture in my living room about 27 times, made some phone calls, sorted my shoes by purpose (dress, casual, athletic, clog, sandal, etc.) and colour, clipped my toenails, refolded all my sweaters, and took a shower. It is now nearly 11 PM. In order to make it to the airport in time for my flight, I have to wake up at 4 AM tomorrow, but that's irrelevent. I don't think I'm going to sleep for the next 4 1/2 days.

No comments: