Tuesday, March 15, 2005

A few things that have made me smile in the past few days:

-As I previously mentioned, I went to see "Sideways" Thursday night. Here's what I thought was really peculiar: they showed the trailer for the new Ashton Kutcher / Bernie Mac film...before "Sideways." Does that seem odd to anyone else? People who go to films like "Sideways" could give a rat's ass about any film featuring Ashton Kutcher.
-Have I ever mentioned how much I like lesbians? And I don't mean this in a sexual way, either. Every lesbian I've ever met has been so cool. They always treat people with kindness and respect, and they always have a great sense of humour. At the Tegan and Sara show, the ratio of lesbians to non-lesbians was very high, and it was such a cool atmosphere.
-Speaking of lesbians, a court in California overturned the ban on same sex marriages today. Right on! I just wonder when the rest of the country is going to catch up. It's only a matter of time. Come on, Kentucky! Live in the now!
-There was a headline in last week's issue of "The Onion" that read, "Bush Announces Iraq Exit Strategy: 'We'll Go Through Iran.'" Funny stuff.
-I got a Platinum Card in the mail today. I've had credit cards before, but never a Platinum Card. I feel so successful.
-My daily e-mail conversations with Abby are priceless. We don't even really talk about that much, but I wouldn't trade them for anything.
-I found a Cold Stone while I was driving down the road the other day, so Saturday afternoon, I stopped and got some ice cream. There was one in Vegas that we used to hit up every Sunday night after Church. I don't know if any of you have ever had ice cream from Cold Stone before, but it's the best! And they'll mix in whatever you want. I chose cheese cake ice cream. So the little guy behind the counter scoops it up and slaps it onto a big marble slab. Then I chose strawberries. So he took a big spoonful of strawberries and mixed them into the ice cream, then scooped it all into a big waffle cone. Drool.
-I love my bed. Since I partied all night Saturday night, I pretty much spent all day Sunday in bed. It's so comfortable to just lay in and move around and get all warm and stuff. Sometimes it's good to be a little lazy.

2 comments:

Kerry said...

I tried that ice cream when I went to Georgia, but I wasnt feeling adventrous, so they didnt mix anything in for me. I wish they had...regrets, I've had a few...:)

Trish said...

I love that ice cream place! I just wanted to say hi and ask you if you have gotten any inside info about the mormon church...