Thursday, April 10, 2008

You could be looking at me right now.

Because I always seem to be behind the curve on certain trends, I just got Google Earth. I've played with it before just for fun, but the reason I downloaded it today is to see different routes to get to places around Italy. It's not as helpful as I'd hoped because the roads in the towns are so narrow, you really can't see them, even when you zoom in really close. But I'm hoping this, combined with my GPS, will help be get from Point A to Point B without having to travel through Point U by way of Point J. And if I get lost from time to time, I'll just take the opportunity to get acquainted to places I wouldn't normally have seen. This is why Shaun told me to take the way I know, even if the road sign says otherwise. Following the sign might get you there, but it could take much longer.
So, if you have Google Earth, go to 46 degrees, 2'26.26" N / 12 degrees, 32'4.91 E. Yep, that's my house.

No comments: