Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A Case of Rugrats

Not too long after I found out I was coming to Italy, another guy in my shop also received orders to Aviano. Jeremiah, his wife, and their four children (the oldest, of which, is five) arrived yesterday afternoon. Luckily, we had three cars to transport them and their luggage to their hotel. There wasn't room in billeting on base, which seemed inconvenient, until we saw their gigantic suite in their hotel downtown.
After getting them settled in, I took Jeremiah to the commissary to pick up some groceries. After that, we went to eat at a local place called San Giorgios. It's been a long time since I've been out to dinner with toddlers, and I forgot how frustrating it can be. PCSing is hard enough as a single guy; I can't even imagine doing everything with a big family. I'm gonna help this guy out any way I can...unless he wants me to babysit.

No comments: