Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Motor Home

I sat in my truck today. A guy who spoke very little English called my office this afternoon and somehow managed to inform me my truck was waiting at a pick-up site in Pordenone. Luckily, I already had a print-out with the address on it, which I punched into my GPS. (Also, luckily, I purchased the European map card last week and received it yesterday. What timing!) However, I couldn't actually drive it home. I had to retrieve a form from the shipper which I have to take to Pass & ID along with several other forms to get my European plates. Then, I can get my truck. I hope to have it by this weekend.
The most frustrating thing about the whole deal is that I might have to end up paying for it out-of-pocket. I made the mistake of going through an independent shipping company, which, at the time, I was told wouldn't be a problem. I've made numerous trips to the finance office, who seem to enjoy giving me different instructions every time I go there. After countless calls to various people in the States and wild goose chases to a variety of offices all over base, it seems nobody can give me a straight answer. I'm going to make yet another plea to finance tomorrow, and we'll see where that gets me. I'm prepared to take the matter up my chain of command, if necessary. I don't play around when it comes to emptying my checking account.

No comments: