Monday, April 07, 2008

Peel me off this velcro seat and get me moving

So, you know how I was gonna try and get out and meet people and do interesting things this weekend? Well, I didn't. In fact, I didn't do much of anything this weekend except sit around, surf the internet, watch movies, and eat peanut butter M&Ms by the handful. In my defence, I was confined to my house the bigger part of Saturday because there was a guy there installing new air conditioning units. I was hoping it would take a couple hours, but it ended up taking all day. But after that, I had little desire to do much of anything.
As a result, when I woke up this morning, my gut looked larger than normal. When I ran at PT, I barely made the two mile run without falling over. And after lunch, I could barely keep my eyes open. So, the time has come for me to seriously get into a normal gym schedule and cut down on junk food. The hard part is setting a goal for myself, as my self-esteem isn't exactly soaring right now. And if you were to rank the will power of all the world's inhabitants, I'd probably be down somewhere between Kirstie Alley and Pete Doherty. Still, I'm gonna give it a shot. I have to. My PT test is scheduled for May, and there's no way I'm gonna suffer the humiliation of failing.

No comments: