Friday, April 25, 2008

Bricks Are Heavy

It's been a rough week capped off by a rough day. I've been feeling kinda down and lonely, but not for any particular reason. I've been busy trying to get my house in order, so I haven't had much social time; but I still feel that time is productive, so I don't think that's why. I've just been thinking about how when I got to Vegas or Japan or Utah, how long it took me to find my niche. I enjoy the company of Shaun and everyone at Church, and the guys at work are cool. But I guess it's just going to take some time before I feel like I can really be myself around everyone. It happened pretty fast in Japan, but took nearly a year in Utah. I wonder how long it will take here.
On top of all that, we've had several jobs at work that were very taxing and time-consuming. And one today that we worked on all day, and still didn't finish. I hate not being able to finish a job, especially over a weekend. It's going to weigh on me until Monday.
Luckily, I hung out tonight with Shaun, Nate, Jason, Josh, and Ronnie. We we're talking for a while, and I didn't say anything because all I could think about was work. Finally, Shaun asked why I was so quiet. It felt good to get it off my chest, and I'm feeling much better now. Maybe I've found my niche after all.

No comments: