Friday, April 04, 2008

New Old Stuff

I got my unaccompanied baggage today. It took the movers less than 45 minutes to unload everything, unpack it, and remove all the boxes and packing material. It's mostly clothes and shoes, but also includes some dishes and cookware, books, and my snowboard. I doubt any more snowboarding will go on this season, but I'm so happy to have it nonetheless. The guy at TMO told me my household goods is due by the 16th. This is everything else I own (furniture, electronics, and remaining clothes, etc.). I'll be so glad once my house feels like a home.
However...
I'm still waiting on my truck. The boat was scheduled to reach Germany last week, and, from there, it will be ground shipped to Pordenone (about 10 km down the road). I've been going round and round with the finance office on base because, for some reason, the invoice for shipping it hasn't been paid. They keep asking for a certain piece of paperwork that wasn't given to me. I've called my contact at the shipping company, who has given me various people to call who might have this paperwork, but nobody knows what I'm talking about. I'll be really upset if I have to pay for the whole thing out-of-pocket. But I'm not going to stress about it now. I'm going to take this weekend to put my newly received stuff in its proper place.

No comments: